There is no Deadline to Join Prelim-cum-Mains Programme 2018
After the successful 2017 Programme, and as per the needs of our aspirants, once again we have decided to launch our initiative to provide the best quality Test Series, Standard Notes for Prelims & Mains, Monthly Current Affairs for 2018 to make your UPSC preparation much more simpler.
We are here to guide you with your preparation and the whole idea behind a new initiative is to be able to cater with the best quality and capability from our side. As IAS ABHIYAN is an open platform for everyone, but today we have started something new and targeted base.
We are happy to help you
- We are a group of passionate hard working people want to make transformative impact in everyone’s life who are connected with us via this platform.
- We believe that everyone has a right to dream and we are here to help them in their journey towards their dreams.
- ‘Your journey is our passion’.
- We genuinely put our efforts towards giving everyone level playing field irrespective of their background and making a positive difference in their preparation.
- We believe in providing the best or nothing.
- We always strive hard to achieve an extra mile of perfection.
- We always work towards planned smart work instead of unplanned hardwork.
We demand only one thing- Your Dedication
Are you serious?
- The intention behind asking this question is to evaluate the strength of your desire to become IAS. You may find almost every aspirant engaging with this exam always busy and in a kind of hurry. They are preparing almost all days in a week but unfortunately did not clear any part of the exam even once.
- On the basis of above case, we cannot conclude that this exam is unconquerable. It may possible that aspirant is missing any link which decides his/her success or he/she is putting efforts in wrong directions.
- Observing so many cases of failures, we here sum up all possible hurdles which you might face while preparing CSE.
- With this, we here also discuss the reasons because of which your certainty to get success in your goal, seems clear in initial period, goes thin & dim at later stages of your preparation.
So what you will get from this initiative?
Standard Notes for Prelims & Mains-2018
History of Ancient/Medieval/Modern:
- All relevant NCERT’s Compilations
- Sources: Old NCERTs from R.S.Sharma, Bipan Chandra, Spectrum Modern India History
- Tamilnadu Class 11th & 12th
India and World Geography
- Sources: NCERT, G.C.Leong. Majid Husain
- Indian Constitution at Work NCERT
- All Basic Economics
- Important NCERTs Compilations
- Economic Survey 2017-18 Compilations
- Budget 2018-19 Compilations
- Government Schemes
General Science & Technology
- Class 6th to 10th NCERT Compilations
Art and Culture
- NIOS Compilations
- CCRT Compilations
- NCERT Compilations
Environment & Ecology
- NCERT Biology Compilations
- Shankar IAS Environment Compilations
- ICSE Class 9th & 10th Compilations
General Studies Paper-1
Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times. (Source NCERT, NIOS, CCRT, A.L.Bhasam etc)
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues (Source:Spectrum History)
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country (Bipan Chandra)
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (Bipan Chandra)
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawing of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society (Spectrum History)
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India (Source:Ram Ahuja, Recent Current Affairs too will be added)
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies. (Ram Ahuja, Recent Current Affairs too will be added)
- Effects of globalization on Indian society (Ram Ahuja, Recent Current Affairs too will be added)
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism (Ram Ahuja, Recent Current Affairs too will be added)
- Salient features of world’s physical geography (G.C.Leong)
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)(Majid Husain, G.C.Leong)
Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes (NCERT Class 6th -Class 12th)
Beside the above static portion recent trends on current issues too will be added.
General Studies Paper-2
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources, issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighbourhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate.
Source: Laxmikanth, ARC Reports, 12th Five Year Plan
Mostly Current Issue will be added to cover the GS Paper-2 along with Static part
For General Studies Paper-3
- Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management.
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.
- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
Source: NCERT Economics, NCERT Environment, Shankar IAS Environment for Static Portion
As this paper is mostly trending towards current affairs, we will add lot of compilations on the above mentioned topics from different sources. Like The Hindu, Indian Express, Livemint, EPW, AIR Analysis, The Big Picture etc
For General Studies Paper-4
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships.
- Human Values – lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service , integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional intelligence-concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s
- Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues
Source: Lexicon by Chronicle, IGNOU etc
Download Sample of our Standard Notes:
For all our beloved, honest and faithful aspirants, these notes will surely be respected and prove productive.
When you will get all the above notes?
- Every week 10-12 particular topics will be mailed to the successful subscriber (Either or Subject of Prelims and Mains will be covered).
Notes to be sent on
July 2017 History, Polity, Geography (Covering GS Paper-1 of Mains Too) August-2017 Environment, Economic, Art & Culture, Science and Tech September-2017 GS Paper-2 October-2017 GS Paper-3 November-2017 GS Paper-4 December-2017 Left out topics
- We at IAS ABHIYAN will try our level best to provide all the crux of General Studies Paper by the end of December-2017.
- The Test will be sent after 15th of each month as per the scheduled time table.
- The short notes/crux/compilations will be from NCERT/NIOS/Standard books/IGNOU as mentioned by UPSC toppers.
- Remember the standard notes are only for revision purpose only. You all know that static coverage along with revision is a must for cracking UPSC Examination.
Test Series on Prelims GS Paper-1
|All India General Studies Prelims Test Series 2018: Starting –July-2017|
25 Tests: 12 Fundamental + 13 Current Affairs Based (From June-2017-May-2018, IYB 2017, Economic Survey 2017-18 and Budget 2018-19)
This time our Test Series has been redesigned for aspirants to understand the demands of UPSC exam and deal them effectively. The main objective of this Test Series is to evaluate candidates preparation level before the actual examination. The UPSC exam schedule is stretched for a long period stress is something that is bound to grip you during preparation for the exam. To overcome it you must indulge in fun activities with friends and family and also by following some active sport. This will keep you rooted through the tough times preparing for the IAS exam.
Civil Services exam preparation is a continuous process and it is important to stay motivated all through the exam process. No one can stop you from achieving the goal of becoming an IAS officer, if you have the zest and the zeal do so, and you honestly prepare to for this coveted UPSC exam.
The Test will be sent after 15th of each month as per the schedule.
Monthly Current Affairs Compilations for Prelims-2018
Along with the Test Series/Monthly Current Affairs Compilations and Standard Notes for Prelim & Mains, you will also get the compilations on important topics like Biosphere Reserve, World Heritage Sites, Ramsar Sites, Government Schemes (Old + New), Economic Survey & Budget Compilations etc. so that not a single topic will be left out for preparation.
Last thing first-Implementation:
We like to write only one line for implementation:
“Do Anything & Everything to Complete Your Plan.”
This simple principle demands your sincerity towards your goal and this sincerity culminates into consistency, which is the most essential part, after planning, decides your graceful destiny.
Be consistent in reading, revision and the last but not the least, practice.
As per our plan we will try our level best to provide the above mentioned notes/test series/monthly current affairs on time but gathering all the above and not implementing like practice, revision will surely decrease your chances of getting into the selection. So its you who have to implement it. Make you own timetable, read the basic books and at the time of revision prefer our notes. We hope they are the best guidance in your preparation.
Your cooperation in this regard is highly solicited.
Think Upon it and act as soon as possible before the time ruins you.
So Take a Chance and Don’t Ever look Back from Now Onward.
And for the leaking agents– Only one message. You will never be able to do justice in your life whatsoever you achieve throughout. If you cannot respect others hard work and have no ethical values, forget about having the mask of an aspirant. You have no idea what it takes to prepare them or ek second ap sabko ni lagta share karne me! Act like an aspirant a “Real Aspirant”
At least think for a while and act accordingly.
We can only request you not to do it again.
Click Here to Subscribe@499/- only
Offline Payment Details: Please mail us the acknowledgment at email@example.com for taking necessary steps at this end.
|BANK Name||Axis Bank, Nabarangpur|
|ACCOUNT NAME||Rajesh Nayak|
1. IAS ABHIYAN Test Series/Standard Notes/Monthly Current Affairs is for the individual only. In case a student is found involved in any violation of copyrights of test series/standard notes/current affairs, the admission to the programme will stand automatically cancelled.
2. The Test Series/notes/current affairs will be provided through PDF form only and will be sent to your subscribed mail id.
3. After successful subscription sent us your Transaction ID /Personal details at firstname.lastname@example.org for taking necessary steps at this end.
4. Fee once paid in non-refundable and non-transferable in all circumstances.
5. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights to make any changes in schedule, if need so arises.
6. IAS ABHIYAN reserves all rights related to admission of Mission 2018 Prelim-cum-Mains Programme. After successful subscription wait for our confirmation.
For any query related to Prelim-cum-Mains Programme 2018 contact us at email@example.com .And do not worry your money values a lot for you and for us.
IAS ABHIYAN Team