Prelims in Focus, an Abhiyan Initiative to quickly navigate through the important facts, current affairs, static portion which is short and to the point to enrich your knowledge base along with conceptual clarity. Our Prelims in Focus initiative will be an added advantage to clear UPSC Prelims Examinations. We will continue our Monthly Pre-Bits Flash Liner along with this initiative. In this initiative, we will cover 10-15 important facts on a daily basis. You can join our Telegram Channel too to read these articles. Click here to Join.
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2021 is now available only @149/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2021 is available now @499/- (Offer for limited Period). Click here to Know
Prelims in Focus-Part-01
- As per the Bio-diversity Act of 2002, it is the State government’s responsibility to identify places of importance in terms of bio-diversity and declare them heritage sites.
- Gharats are water-powered grinding mills found in Himalayan villages. Though these are owned and managed by individuals, they are considered to be the common property of the entire village.
- Dr. Ambedkar established different types of organisations to lead these movements. In all these were six as given below. (1) Bahiskrit Hitkarini Sabha (1924)
(2) Samaj Samata Sangh (1927)
(3) Samata Sainik Dal (1928)
(4) Independent Labour Party (1936)
(5) All India Scheduled Castes Federation (1942)
(6) Republican Party of India (1956)Note: Of these six organizations, first, two were mainly of social service type, third was a volunteer organization and demanding three were political parties.
- The Migratory Species Champion Programme initiatives developed under the Convention of Migratory Species (CMS) family and encourage their sustainable support. India is to join the ranks of CMS Champions at the event for the first time.
- The Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD)– An intergovernmental organization created on 18 June 2002 to promote Asian cooperation at a continental level. Help integrate separate regional organizations such as the ASEAN, the Gulf Cooperation Council, the Eurasian Economic Union, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, and the SAARC.
- BreatheLife is a joint campaign led by the World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Environment and the Climate & Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) to mobilize cities and individuals to protect our health and planet from the effects of air pollution.
- Blue holes-Marine caverns filled with water and are formed following dissolution of carbonate rocks, usually under the influence of global sea level rise or fall. They are isolated from the ocean and don’t receive fresh rainwater. Generally circular, steep-walled and open to surface. In News: Carbon more than 8,000 years old has been found inside the world’s deepest blue hole — the Yongle Blue Hole (YBH) — which was recently discovered in the South China Sea. Far deeper than the previously recorded deepest blue hole, Dean’s Blue Hole in Bahamas.
- India and Portugal inaugurated a Cha-Chai art-work installation at the National Museum. Depicted the bridge between rural and urban landscape.
- Kottichetham-An excerpt from the Tamil epic Silappathikaram, written by Ilango Adigal. Believed to have been danced by the Parayur Chakyan of the Chera court for the King and the queen. Dance of Lord Siva and Uma.
- Terms not defined anywhere in the Constitution🔺 Untouchability
🔺 Martial Law
🔺 Contempt of CourtOffices under the “Pleasure of the President “🔺 Governor
🔺 Prime Minister & CoM
🔺 Chief Minister & CoM
🔺 Attorney General of India
🔺 Members of Defence services, Civil Services of the Centre, All India Services or Persons holding military or civil postsOffices appointed by President by warrant under his “Hand and Seal”
🔺 NCSC & NCST