Prelims in Focus, an IAS Abhiyan Initiative to quickly navigate through the important facts, current affairs, static portion to enrich aspirant’s knowledge base along with conceptual clarity. Our Prelims in Focus initiative will surely be an added advantage for UPSC Prelims Examinations. This initiative will help the aspirants to focus to the main points of a topic quickly at the same time. In this initiative, we will cover 10-15 important facts on a daily basis. You can also join our Telegram Channel too to read these articles. Click here to Join. We will continue our Monthly Pre-Bits Flash Liner along with this initiative.
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2021 is now available only @149/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2021 is available now @499/- (Offer for limited Period). Click here to Know
Prelims in Focus-Part-13
➖UNESCO world heritage site
➖Black volcanic beach of the Kamchatka Peninsula in the Russian Far East
➖Flowing into the Pacific Ocean
- Andean sediment
➖Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer on NASA’s Terra satellite
➖Found enormous amount of Andes mountain sediment deposited by the Amazon river into the Atlantic Ocean
➖Most of the sediment that the Amazon carried to the Atlantic came from three rivers flowing in the western part of the basin, namely the Marañón, the Ucayali and Mamoré
- 📌 Alien species, which have been taken by humans to areas where they are not native, will increase globally by 36 per cent by 2050, compared to the numbers recorded in 2005
- 🔹 The catchy slogan, Pagdi Sambhal Jatta (Movement), the name of the movement, was inspired by the song by Banke Lal, the editor of the Jang Sayal newspaper.
- Bharat Mata Society
➖Founder-Ajit Singh and his brother Bhagat Singh’s father Kishan Singh
➖Called ‘Mahboobane Watan’ in Urdu.
➖Kishan Singh, Mahashay Ghasita Ram, Swaran Singh and Sufi Amba Prasad were some of its trusted lieutenants and active members.
➖Objective-To prepare to re-enact the revolution of 1857 on its fiftieth anniversary in 1907.
- Unionist Party
➖ Launched by Sir Chhotu Ram along with Sir Sikandar Hyat Khan and Sir Fazli Husain
➖Represent the interests of Panjab’s large feudal classes: landed gentry and landlords
➖In response to the British-sponsored Panjab Land Alienation Act of 1900 which defined land ownership in terms of ‘agriculturist’ and ‘non-agriculturist
➖Supporters- Majority by Muslim but Sikhs and Hindus too were supported
➖Supported the British Raj in the 1920s and 1930s
➖Dominated the provincial legislature until India’s independence and Partition through a later pact between its leader Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan and the Muslim League leader Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- Nobel Prize in Physics-2020
➖Recipients- Roger Penrose, Reinhard Genzel and Andrea Ghez
➖For the discovery that black hole formation is a robust prediction of the General Theory of Relativity
➖For the discovery of a supermassive compact object at the centre of our galaxy
- 📌 Food Corporation of India (FCI) is the central agency that manages procurement, storage and transportation of rice and wheat to states for distribution mainly for the National Food Security Act (NFSA) and other welfare schemes.
- 🔹International trade in wild lion parts is illegal under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora or CITES as well as all African national legislations.
🔹Legal commercial trade in captive-bred lion skeletons is however permitted under CITES Appendix II
🔹India — home to the only Asiatic lion population — has been serious in providing the highest legal protection to the species under Schedule I of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972
🔹International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) downgraded the status of Asiatic lions to ‘Endangered’ from ‘Critically Endangered’
🔹Subspecies of Panthera leo, that groups Asiatic lions with north, central and west African lions as Panthera leo leo, no longer giving them a distinctive sub-species classification as leo persica.
- 🔹Equine serum also contains antibodies and has been used for treatment in cases of snakebite.