Prelims in Focus, an IAS Abhiyan Initiative to quickly navigate through the important facts, current affairs, static portion to enrich aspirant’s knowledge base along with conceptual clarity. Our Prelims in Focus initiative will surely be an added advantage for UPSC Prelims Examinations. This initiative will help the aspirants to focus to the main points of a topic quickly at the same time. In this initiative, we will cover 10-15 important facts on a daily basis. You can also join our Telegram Channel too to read these articles. Click here to Join. We will continue our Monthly Pre-Bits Flash Liner along with this initiative.
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2021 is now available only @149/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2021 is available now @499/- (Offer for limited Period). Click here to Know
Prelims in Focus-Part-15
- RAISE 2020
🔹A first-of-its-kind, global meeting of minds on Artificial Intelligence to drive India’s vision and roadmap for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment through responsible AI.
➖Organized by Government of India along with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog, the event will witness robust participation from global industry leaders, key opinion makers, Government representatives and academia.
- 🔹Ratification of chemicals listed under Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) would enable to access Global Environment Facility (GEF) financial resources in updating the National Implementation Plan (NIP)
- The Consortium for the Barcode of Life (CBOL) is an international initiative dedicated to supporting the development of DNA barcoding as a global standard for species identification.
- Global Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Research and Development (R&D) Hub
➖Launched in May 2018 in the margins of the 71st session of the World Health Assembly , following a call from G20 Leaders in 2017.
➖India has joined in 2019
- The University for Peace (UPEACE)
🔹An intergovernmental organization with university status, established by treaty at the United Nations General Assembly in 1980
🔹Having its main campus in Costa Rica
🔹Mission is “to provide humanity with an international institution of higher education
🔹Offers master’s degree and doctoral programmes
🔹Carries out various activities related to the international peace and security objectives of the United Nations (UN)
- 📌 Approximately 4.3 million people are currently living in and around India protected areas, which now encompasses around 5 per cent of the national territory.
- 🔹 According to World Economic Forum’s 2020 Global Risks Report, biodiversity loss and ecosystem collapse as one of the top five threats humanity will face in the next ten years.
- Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance
➖An international group of 30 institutional investors (as of 8th October 2020) delivering on a bold commitment to transition our investment portfolios to net-zero GHG emissions by 2050.
➖Representing $5.0 trillion assets under management, the United Nations-convened Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance shows united investor action to align portfolios with a 1.5°C scenario, addressing Article 2.1c of the Paris Agreement.
➖Convened by UNEP’s Finance Initiative and the Principles for Responsible Investment, the Alliance is supported by WWF and is part of the Mission 2020 campaign, an initiative led by Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- 🔹 Sovereign Gold Bonds will be denominated in multiples of gram(s) of gold with a basic unit of 1 gram.
🔹Bonds will be tradable on stock exchanges.
🔹The interest on Gold Bonds shall be taxable as per the provision of Income Tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961).
- 🔸 Equality, equity, fundamental rights, liberty, justice and secularism are not the private properties of a single individual living in this land; neither are they owned by the executive or judiciary. These are the principles of our democracy that we cherish and the values that we defend.