Prelims in Focus, an IAS Abhiyan Initiative to quickly navigate through the important facts, current affairs, static portion to enrich aspirant’s knowledge base along with conceptual clarity. Our Prelims in Focus initiative will surely be an added advantage for UPSC Prelims Examinations. This initiative will help the aspirants to focus to the main points of a topic quickly at the same time. In this initiative, we will cover 10-15 important facts on a daily basis. Click here to Join our Telegram Channel to read these articles. We will continue our Monthly Pre-Bits Flash Liner along with this initiative.
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2021 is now available only @149/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2021 is available now @499/- (Offer for limited Period). Click here to Know
Prelims in Focus-Part-21
- ➖The Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action is considered the most progressive blueprint ever for advancing women’s rights.
- 🔹 Odisha Govt. had recently launched Mo Bidyut Portal and Mobile App to provide new electricity connection will be given within 48 hours.➖People, now, need not run to various offices for new connections, bill payment or grievance redressal.
➖With the launching of user-friendly this Web Portal, henceforth, the consumers will be able to avail services pertaining to new power connection upto 5KW for domestic, General Purpose, Specified Public Purpose, like Irrigation, Pumping & Agriculture Purpose within 48 hours, Energy Bill Payment and Grievance Redressal relating to electricity service.
- 🔹 Under the 5T framework, Odisha will launch “Sujal”- Drink from Tap Mission initiative to provide quality drinking water to more than 1.5 million people in urban areas.
- 🔹 The Odisha State Government’s Millet Mission has not only augmented the income of farmers but also addressed the issue of malnutrition in Gajapati and Kandhamal districts.
- 🔹 Maharashtra’s ‘Buldhana Pattern’ of water conservation’ has won national recognition and the NITI Aayog is in the process of formulating National Policy on water conversation based on it.🔹Tamswada Pattern of water conservation project taken up in Nagpur and Wardha district in which rain water harvesting, conservation and groundwater recharge works were done in order to increase the water storage capacity of natural water bodies situated in these two districts of Eastern Vidarbha.
- 📌 For Oman, India was the 3rd largest source for its imports and 3rd largest market for its non-oil exports.
- 🔹The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. Established in 1966, it is owned by 68 members—49 from the Asia region.
- 🔹The Central Public Sector Enterprise’s Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) review is carried out jointly by Department of Economic Affairs and Department of Public Enterprises.
- 🔹 NTPC Dadri is striving to become the cleanest coal fired plant in the country and is complying with all the CPCB guidelines on emissions. All the emission parameters are being monitored online and transmitted to Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) on real time basis. As per a statement issued by NTPC Ltd, the PSU under Ministry of Power, the Flue gas emissions and Particulate matter are well within the CPCB norms.
- 🔹The Greater Adjutant is one of the rarest of the 20 species of stork left in the world.
➖It is one of the eight species found in India.
➖Now only found in a few isolated districts in Assam and Bihar in India, and Prek Toal in Cambodia.
➖The storks, known as “hargilla” (bone swallower) in the Assamese language
➖This colonial birds breeds in traditional nesting colonies within thickly populated villages in Assam and breeds in tall trees species including Anthocephaluscadamba(Kadam), Artocarpusleukochuwa (Dewa), Pithecellobiummonadephum, BombaxCeiba (Simul), Tamarindusindica (Teteli), Trewianudifera (Bhelkol), Gmelinaarborea (Gomari).