Prelims in Focus, an IAS Abhiyan Initiative to quickly navigate through the important facts, current affairs, static portion to enrich aspirant’s knowledge base along with conceptual clarity. Our Prelims in Focus initiative will surely be an added advantage for UPSC Prelims Examinations. This initiative will help the aspirants to focus to the main points of a topic quickly at the same time. In this initiative, we will cover 10-15 important facts on a daily basis. Click here to Join our Telegram Channel to read these articles. We will continue our Monthly Pre-Bits Flash Liner along with this initiative.
IAS Abhiyan Current Affairs Course for Prelims-2021 is now available only @149/-. Click here to Know
IAS Abhiyan Advance Learning Programme (ALP)-2021 is available now @499/- (Offer for limited Period). Click here to Know
Prelims in Focus-Part-22
- Air Pollution is being implemented across the country and the Ministry of Environment through the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) is implementing the same across 122 cities in the country.➖NCAP targets to achieve 20 to 30 % reduction in PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations by 2024 across the country.
- BSVI fuel reduces the NOx emission by 70% in diesel cars, by 25% in petrol cars and reduces particulate matter(PM) in vehicles by 80%.
- The SAMEER App, developed by the Central Pollution Control Bureau (CPCB), provides information air quality for more than 100 cities across India.➖App can help any citizen file or track complaints related to garbage dumping, road dust, vehicular emissions or other pollution issues in a particular area.
- Despite being the world’s second largest producer of steel, India’s annual per capita steel consumption is 74.1 kg and is one-third the global average (224.5kg).
- Glass is a non-crystalline, often transparent amorphous solid which is mostly formed by rapid cooling of its molten form.➖However, under certain conditions, during its formation, molten glass may rebel and transform to a crystal – the more stable state, an avoidable process called devitrification.
- Our Kisan Saathi – our Annadata, our Agricultural Scientist, our Anganwadi ASHA workers, are the basis of the movement against malnutrition.
- Initiatives by the Government to fight malnutrition
➖National Nutrition Mission (POSHAN Abhiyaan),
➖Construction of toilets under Swachh Bharat Mission,
➖Jal Jeevan mission,
➖ Distribution- of low cost Sanitation pads.
- Only the Political Parties registered under Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951 (43 of 1951) and which secured not less than one per cent of the votes polled in the last General Election to the House of the People or the Legislative Assembly of the State, shall be eligible to receive the Electoral Bonds.
Note- Electoral Bonds shall be valid for fifteen calendar days from the date of issue and no payment shall be made to any payee Political Party if the Electoral Bond is deposited after expiry of the validity period.➖The Electoral Bond deposited by an eligible Political Party in its account shall be credited on the same day.
- Dedicating a variety of 17 new seeds of 8 crops to farmers will provide nutrition to the people and India’ will move from ‘Green Revolution’ to ‘Evergreen Revolution’.”
- The Lisbon System
➖International Registration of Appellations of Origin and Geographical indications➖Offers a means of obtaining protection for an appellation of origin or a geographical indication in the contracting parties through a single registration procedure and one set of fees.
➖Together, the Lisbon Agreement for the Protection of Appellations of Origin and their International Registration of 1958 (‘the Lisbon Agreement’) and, its latest revision, the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement on Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications of 2015 (‘the Geneva Act’) form the Lisbon System.
➖If an Indian GI is infringed abroad, there would be an even smaller chance of a remedy. India is not a party to the Lisbon system for the international registration of GIs.
- Rethink Plastic Alliance is an alliance of leading European NGOs, with thousands of active groups, supporters and citizens in every EU Member State.➖Rethink Plastic Initiative: UNEP-TERI joint initiative in Mumbai region
- National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
➖Provides accreditation to Conformity Assessment Bodies (Laboratories).➖Constituent board of Quality Council of India which is an autonomous body setup under Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Keeladi Archaeological Site
➖Located in Sivagangai district on the banks of river vaigai.➖Urban settlement of the Sangam age.
➖Popular ceramic types like a finer variety of Black and Red ware, Blackware, Black Polished ware, Redware, Rouletted ware, few pieces of Arretines were also found.
➖A good number of Tamil Brahmi sherds also have been unearthed.
- Adult Education
➖Adult Education is a Concurrent Subject with both Central and State Governments being required to contribute to its promotion and strengthening.➖At the national level, National Literacy Mission Authority (NLMA), an autonomous wing of MHRD is the nodal agency for overall planning and management and funding of Adult Education Programmes and institutions.
➖Presently, the provision of adult education is through the Saakshar Bharat Programme (SBP) which is a centrally sponsored scheme.
- The Vishwakarma Temple /Cave
➖Located in the Ellora Cave 10,
➖Only Chaitya Griha among all the Buddhist group of caves.
➖Commonly known as ‘Sutar Ka Jhopda’ or ‘Celestial Architect’.