Nathu La Pass
- It is located in the state of Sikkim.
- This famous pass is located in the India- China border was reopened in 2006.
- It forms a part of an offshoot of the ancient silk route.
- It is one of the trading border posts between India and China.
Shipki La Pass: Himachal Pradesh –Tibet
- It is located through Sutlej Gorge.
- It connects Himachal Pradesh with Tibet.
- It is India’s third border post for trade with China after Lipu Lekh and Nathula Pass.
Jelep La Pass: Sikkim-Lhasa
- This pass passes through the Chumbi valley.
- It connects Sikkim with Lhasa, the capital of Tibet.
Qara Tagh Pass
- It is located in the Karakoram Mountains.
- It was a subsidiary of the ancient silk route.
Khardung La: Leh- Siachin Glacier
- It is the highest motorable pass in the country.
- It connects Leh and Siachen glacier.
- This pass remains closed during the winter.
- It is located in Ladakh. It is the second highest motorable mountain pass in India.
Aghil Pass: Ladakh- Xinjiang
- It is situated to the North of Mount Godwin-Austen in the Karakoram.
- It connects Ladakh with Xinjiang province of China.
- It remains closed during the winter season from November to May.
Chang-La: Ladakh- Tibet
- It is a high mountain pass in the Greater Himalayas.
- It connects Ladakh with Tibet.
Lanak La: Ladakh-Lhasa
- This is located in the Aksai Chin in Ladakh region.
- It connects Ladakh and Lhasa.
- The Chinese authority has built a road to join Xinjiang with Tibet.
Imis La: Ladakh- Tibet
- The pass has a difficult geographical terrain and steep slopes.
- This pass remains closed during the winter season.
Bara-La: Himachal Pradesh- Leh-Ladakh
- It is situated on the National Highway in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- It connects Manali and Leh.
- It is located in Uttarakhand.
- It is situated at the end of the Pindari glacier and connects the Pinadri valley to Milam valley.
- This pass is very steep and rugged.
Lipu Lekh: Uttarakhand-Tibet
- It is located in Uttarakhand.
- It connects Uttarakhand with Tibet.
- This pass is an important border post for the trade with china.
- The pilgrims for Manasarovar travels through this pass.
Mana Pass: Uttarakhand-Tibet
- It is located in the Greater Himalayas and connects Tibet with Uttarakhand.
- It remains under snow for six months during winter.
Mangsha Dhura Pass: Uttarakhand-Tibet
- The pass which connects Uttarakhand-Tibet is known for landslides.
- The pilgrims for Manasarovar cross this route.
Muling La: Uttarakhand-Tibet
- This seasonal pass connects Uttarakhand with Tibet remains snow covered during winter season
- This pass joins Uttarakhand with Tibet.
- This also remains snow covered during the winter season.
Debsa Pass: Spiti Valley and Parvati Valley
- It joins Spiti Valley and Parvati Valley.
- It is a high mountain pass in between the Kullu and Spiti of Himachal Pradesh.
- It is a bypass route of Pin-Parvati Pass.
Rohtang Pass: Kullu-Lahul-Spiti
- This located in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- It has excellent road transportation.
- This pass connects Kullu, Spiti, and Lahul.
Bomdi-La: Arunachal Pradesh-Lhasa
- The Bomdi-La pass connects Arunachal Pradesh with Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet.
- It is located in the east of Bhutan.
Dihang pass: Arunachal Pradesh- Mandalay
- It is located in the Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh. This pass connect Arunachal Pradesh with Myanmar (Mandalay)
Diphu pass: Arunachal Pradesh- Mandalay
- The Diphu pass also provides easy and an alternate route to Myanmar.
- This pass remains open throughout the year for the transportation and trade.
Likhapani: Arunachal Pradesh- Myanmar
- It located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- This pass remains open throughout a year for transport and trade.
- This connects Arunachal Pradesh with Myanmar.
- It is located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- This pass connects Arunachal Pradesh and Myanmar.
Banihal Pass (Jawahar Tunnel): Banihal with Qazigund
- Banihal pass is a popular pass in Jammu and Kashmir. It is situated in Pir- Panjal Range.
- It connects Banihal with Qazigund.
Zoji La: Srinagar- Kargil & Leh
- It connects Srinagar with Kargil and Leh. Beacon Force of Border Road Organization is responsible for clearing and maintaining the road, especially during winter.
Burzail pass: Srinagar- Kishan Ganga Valley
- This pass joins the Valley of Kashmir with the Deosai Plains of Ladakh.
- The Pensi La connects the Kashmir valley with Kargil.
- It is situated in the Greater Himalayas.
- It is a traditional pass from Jammu to Srinagar.
- This pass was closed after the partition.
- It provides shortest roadway access to Kashmir valley from Jammu.
Shencotta Gap: Madurai-Kottayam
- It is located in the Western Ghats.
- It joins the Madurai city in Tamil Nadu with Kottayam district in Kerala.