- India is a worst regional offender of press freedom in Asia Pacific, according to Corruption Perception Index.
- Transparency International finds crackdowns on NGOs and media are associated with higher levels of corruption in the world.
- On average, every week at least one journalist is killed in a country that is highly corrupt.
- The analysis by Transparency International showed that in the last six years, more than 9 out of 10 journalists were killed in countries that score 45 or less on the Corruption Perceptions Index.
- Transparency International is a Berlin-based non-government organization.