Skip to content
- Narcondam, India’s easternmost Island, is a small volcanicisland located in the northern Andaman Sea.
- It was classified as a dormant volcanoby the Geological Survey of India.
- Narcondam Island Wildlife Sanctuary is notified as a protected reserve by the government of India. It is also listed on the UNESCO’s tentative Lists of World Heritage Sites.
- The island was notified as a sanctuary to protect and monitor the Narcondam hornbill.
- Narcondam Island is almost entirely covered with Evergreen and Moist Deciduous forest.
- The island is covered with Tropical Evergreen forest, Semievergreen forest, Moist Deciduous forest, Littoral forest and Mangrove forest.
- Nicobar Flying Fox Pteropus faunulus and Narcondam Small Flying Fox Pteropus hypomelanus are the most common mammals on this island.
Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)
error: Content is Protected !!