Skip to content
- Indo-Pacific Quadrilateral is a closed group consisting of India, Australia, Japan & USA.
- Japan pioneered the initiative about a decade ago as a coalition of maritime democracies.
- Securing a rules-based global order, liberal trading system and freedom of navigation are believed to the guiding principles.
- It aims to contain a rising China and its “predatory” economic and trade policies.
- The purpose is also to provide alternative debt financing for countries in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Report on stability was recently launched by four think tanks from the Quad countries at the Vivekananda International Foundation (VIF).
- The report was published by Quadripartite Commission on Indian Ocean Regional Security, which put out a series of 20 policy recommendations for stability in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- It recommended that the four countries should work to oppose the establishment of permanent Chinese military bases in the IOR.
error: Content is protected !!
Test Series-2019 and Prelim-cum-Mains Integrated Programme for 2019 will be launched very soon:
All Prelims-2018 GS Paper-1 Tests along with their solutions have been successfully sent to all the subscribers. Do check your subscribed mail id and confirm us. Thanks