Recently, the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has launched Quantum Computer Simulator Toolkit.
What is Quantum Computer Simulator Toolkit?
- It s a first-of-its-kind toolkit to be indigenously developed and is intended to be a vital tool in learning and understanding the practical aspects of programming using Quantum Computers.
- It is an outcome of the project “Design and Development of Quantum Computer Toolkit (Simulator, Workbench) and Capacity Building”.
- It is being executed collaboratively by IISc Bangalore, IIT Roorkee and C-DAC with the support of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- QSim offers a robust QC Simulator integrated with a GUI based Workbench allowing students / researchers to create Quantum programs, visualize the instant circuit generation and simulated outputs.
- Helps simulate Quantum circuits with and without noise and test how well various algorithms work with imperfect quantum components. This is essential to simulate real-life conditions.
- QSim comes loaded with Quantum programs and algorithms providing a head start to the users. E.g. QFT, Deutsch Jozsa, Grovers and so on.
- The quantum simulations are performed on powerful HPC resources allowing multiple users to submit jobs simultaneously with different QuBit configurations.
Offering Models of QSim
- PARAM SHAVAK QSim – Standalone system with Quantum Simulator in a box
- PARAM QSim Cloud – Available on cloud using HPC infrastructure PARAM SIDDHI AI (developed and deployed under NSM program)
Significance of QSim
- It aims to enable Researchers and Students to carryout research in Quantum Computing in a cost effective manner.
- It is one of the first initiatives in the country to address the common challenge of advancing the Quantum Computing research frontiers in India.
- It allows researchers and students to write and debug Quantum Code that is essential for developing Quantum Algorithms.
- It allows researchers to explore Quantum Algorithms under idealized conditions and help prepare experiments to run on actual Quantum Hardware.
- It can serve as an important educational / research tool providing an excellent way to attract students / researchers to the field of Quantum Technology.
It provides a platform to acquire the skills of ‘programming’ as well as ‘designing’ real Quantum Hardware.
Science and Technology Current Affairs 2021 : Click here