- The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) on Sunday successfully test-fired the indigenously developed Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur.
- “Two missiles have been tested against two live targets meeting complete mission objectives of engaging the targets. The systems have been tested in final configuration with radar mounted on a vehicle and missiles on the launcher,” the Defence Ministry said in a statement.
- The missiles with many state-of-the-art technologies engaged the targets at different ranges and altitudes, the Ministry stated.
- The system is being developed for the Army with search and track on move capability with very short reaction time.
- The systems are equipped with indigenously developed phased array radar, inertial navigation system, data link and radio frequency seeker.
- The entire mission was captured by various electro-optical tracking systems, radar systems and telemetry systems at ITR Chandipur, the statement added.