- On Raksha bandhan, women and children tied symbolic rakhi to the trees of Aravalli forests.
Back to Basics
- a mountain range in Northwestern India.
- Running in a South-West Direction, starting near Delhi, passing through southern Haryana and Rajasthan and ending in Gujarat.
- Guru Shikhar, a peak in the Arbuda Mountains of Rajasthan, is the highest point
- oldest range of fold mountains
- one Branch of the Aravalis extends to the Lakshadweep Archipelago through the Gulf of Khambhat and the other into Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Pipli Ghat, Dewair and Desuri passes allow movement by roads and railways.
- joins two of the ancient earth’s crust segments that make up the greater Indian craton- Aravalli Craton and Bundelkand Craton
- River-Banas and Sahibi (tributaries of Yamuna) and Luni River.
- The Great Green Wall of Aravalli” is a 1,600 km long and 5 km wide green ecological corridor along Aravalli range from Gujarat to Delhi, it will be connected to Shivalik hill range and 1.35 billion (135 crore) new native trees will be planted over 10 years to rehabilitate the forest cover in this area. To be implemented on a concept similar to the Great Green Wall of Sahara in Africa.