- The Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship was conceived in the year 2006-07.
- To encourage scientists (Indian Nationals) working outside the country and would like to return to the home country to pursue their research interests in Modern Biology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences and other related areas.
- The principal aim of the scheme is to improve the country’s human resource capacity in life sciences, modern biology and biotechnology research.
- The overall idea is to provide a fertile environment to the fellows, who have returned to India in terms of resources and funding.
- The fellows also would be made aware of the current scientific scenario of the country and the pressing issues that need to be immediately addressed so that the enthusiastic scientists can work together for the progress of the country.