- To celebrate the idea of unity in diversity, the Ministry of Culture is organising the 7th edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat matrix in Karnataka.
- The Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme was launched by the Prime Minister on 31st October, 2016 to promote engagement amongst the people of different states/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- The State paired with Karnataka is Uttarakhand.
- The Mahotsav will cover a profusion of art forms from classical and folk, music and dance, theatre to literature and the visual arts and would offer the chance to experience the best in established and emerging virtuosity. A handloom and handicrafts-utsav is part of the proposed event.
- The gastronomic culture of several partnering states will be showcased through a food festival.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Flautist Chanden Kumar from Karnataka||Classical vocal recital by M Venkatesh Kumar from Dharwad||Karnataka Sangeet Symphony led by violinst Apoorva Krishna|
| Ramman ritual theatre of GarhwalHimalayas (inscribed by UNESCO as Cultural Heritage in 2009) – an IGNCA presentation|
| Chholiya, Chhapeli Nritya by Dancers from Uttrakhand|
| Thadya Chhapeli Nritya by dancers from Uttrakhand|