- ISRO has successfully carried out the first experimental mission of Reusable Launch Vehicle – Technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD), on May 23, 2016 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- In this mission, critical technologies such as autonomous navigation, guidance & control and reusable thermal protection system have been successfully demonstrated.
- The Development of Reusable Launch Vehicle is a technical challenge and it involves the development of many cutting edge technologies.
- Presently, it is in the preliminary stage of total developmental process.
- A series of technology demonstration missions would be required before it is made operational.