- Recently, the Prime Minister of India dedicated to the Nation the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power project to the Nation.
- It is Asia’s largest power project.
About the Project
- Rewa project will make the entire region a major hub for pure and clean energy in this decade.
- The Rewa Solar Project was the first solar project in the country to break the grid parity barrier.
- The project is also the first renewable energy project to supply to an institutional customer outside the State, i.e. Delhi Metro, which will get 24% of energy from the project with remaining 76% being supplied to the State DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Rewa Project also exemplifies India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 GW of Solar installed capacity.
- Very soon Madhya Pradesh would be the main centre of Solar Energy in India, as such major projects are in progress in Neemuch, Shajapur, Chattarpur and Omkareshwar.
- Madhya Pradesh’s farmers will also make use of the Government’s KUSUM Program and will instal Solar Energy plants in their lands as an additional source of income.
- India is also focusing reducing its dependence on imports of various hardware needed for solar plants, like Photovoltaic Cells, Battery and Storage.
- Solar Energy would be a major medium for providing the energy needs of an aspirational India in the 21st Century.
- Solar Energy as one which is ‘Sure, Pure & Secure’. Sure because of the continuous supply of Energy from the Sun, Pure as it is environment friendly and Secure because it is a secure source for our energy needs.
- Solar Energy projects are a true representation of Aatmanirbhar Bharat (Self-Reliant India).