- West Bengal govt. has launched Rupashree Scheme to empower adolescent girls. Subsequently, girls will get Rs. 25,000 as one time assistance at the time of their marriage after attaining the age of 18 years. This scheme will benefit around 6 lakh girls across the state.
- The primary objective of this scheme is to help girls belonging to the economically weaker families and make them self-dependent. For this scheme, govt. has allocated a total budget of Rs. 1500 crore to empower adolescent girls.
Rupashree Scheme – Objectives
The primary objectives and goals of Rupashree Scheme are as follows:-
- To ensure that girls stay in schools and delay their marriages at least till the age of 18 years.
- Subsequently, this scheme will incentivize girls in order to complete secondary or senior secondary education or equivalent in technical streams.
- WB govt. will give this assistance to fair better in economic and social spheres.
- Moreover to reduce the risks of early pregnancies, child & maternal mortality rate and health conditions.
This scheme will help in their financial inclusion and result in empowerment of adolescent girls.