- Rythu Bima group life insurance scheme introduced by the Telangana government for all the landholding (pattadar) farmers in the age group of 18-59 years from August 14 is proving to be an instant succour to their families in case of death of the enrolled farmer, irrespective of the cause — either natural or otherwise.
Features of the Bima:
- With the help of information technology being used for implementation of one of the flagship schemes of the State government, the settlement of claims has proved to be the fastest under any life insurance schemes available in the country.
- At the outset, the Rythu Bima group life insurance is being claimed as the most unique of life insurance schemes wherein the death of farmers with any reason is compensated within a maximum time of seven days.
- Manual work in the settlement of Rythu Bima claims is limited only at village and mandal-level where the AEO concerned collects the copies of Aadhaar of deceased farmer and the nominee, bank account passbook copy of the nominee, filled-in claim form and death certificate and they are attested by Mandal Agriculture Officer (MAO) at mandal-level.
- The NIC has developed a special software for the purpose of forwarding the claims received from District Agriculture Offices (DAOs) to the LIC without human intervention every day at 5 p.m.
- Rythu Bandhu and Rythu Bima have improved the image of Agriculture Department and its officials in villages enormously and the recognition would help in maintaining good liaison with farmers.
- Besides, the act of helping somebody get instant help gives immense satisfaction to the field-level, another senior official felt.