Recently, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment launched the SAGE portal with a view to help elderly persons.
About SAGE Portal
- SAGE or Senior care Ageing Growth Engine project has been established to select, support and create a ‘one-stop access’ of elderly care products and services by credible start-ups.
- Ministry of Social Justice And Empowerment has said that the start-ups will be selected on the basis of innovative products and services, which they should be able to provide across sectors such as health, housing, care centres, apart from technological access linked to finances, food and wealth management and legal guidance.
- The basic aim of this initiative is to involve youth for elderly care by way of start-ups and their innovative ideas to make elderly care a national movement than just a government programme.
- The SAGE project aims to identify, evaluate, verify, aggregate, and deliver products, solutions and services directly to the stakeholders.
- The Ministry will act as a facilitator, enabling the elderly to access the products through these identified start-ups.
India’s elderly population is on the rise, and the share of elders, as a percentage of the total population in the country, is expected to increase from 7.5% in 2001 to almost 12.5% by 2026, and surpass 19.5% by 2050.
Government Portals & Apps : Click Here