The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has inaugurated a National Workshop on Role of Sakhi One Stop Centres in Strengthening Multi Sectoral Response to Violence in New Delhi.
About Sakhi Scheme:
- Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has formulated a Centrally Sponsored One Stop Centre Scheme, popularly known as Sakhi scheme for setting up One Stop Centre.
- It is a sub-scheme of Umbrella Scheme for National Mission for Empowerment of women including Indira Gandhi Mattritav Sahyaog Yojana.
- The Sakhi scheme is being implemented since 1st April 2015.
- The scheme aims to facilitate access to an integrated range of services including medical aid, police assistance, legal aid/case management, psychosocial counselling, and temporary support services to women affected by violence.
- Under the scheme, it has been envisaged that One Stop Centres (OSC) would be set up across the country in a phased manner.
- The One Stop Centre will provide support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces.