- A committee of experts was set up, to suggest measures for improving the performance of the saksham scheme. This is information was given by the Minister of State (HRD in a written reply to a Lok Sabha question.
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme was launched by ministry of human resource development, with the objective of encouraging economically weaker differently abled students to pursue technical education at Diploma and Degree levels.
- This was launched in 2014-15.
- Scholarship amount of Rs. 30,000 is provided towards tuition fee reimbursement and Rs. 20000 as contingency allowance
- It is an attempt to give every young student who is disabled, the opportunity to study further and to lead a successful and dignified future.
- The students must be a student of graduation course under AICTE.
- Under the scheme, 1000 scholarships per annum are available.