The Union Education Minister has released an implementation plan for school education called SARTHAQ.
In pursuance of the goals and objectives of the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 issued on 29th July, 2020 and to assist States and UTs in this task, the Department of School Education and Literacy has developed an indicative and suggestive Implementation Plan for School Education, called ‘Students’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement through Quality Education- SARTHAQ.
SARTHAQ keeps in mind the concurrent nature of education and adheres to the spirit of federalism.
- The plan delineates the roadmap for the implementation of NEP 2020 for the next 10 years.
- States and Union Territories have been given the flexibility to adapt the plan with “local contextualization”.
- They have been allowed to modify the plan as per their needs and requirements.
- to provide all-around development for the students at the primary and secondary level.
- to establish a safe, secure, inclusive and conducive learning environment for students as well as teachers.
- to meet the diverse national and global challenges of the present and the future. Further, it will help the students to imbibe 21st-century skills along with India’s tradition, culture and value system.
- Increase in Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), Net Enrolment Ratio (NER), transition rate and retention rate at all levels and reduction in dropouts and out of school children.
- Access to quality ECCE and Universal Acquisition of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy by Grade 3.
- Improvement in Learning Outcomes at all stages with an emphasis on teaching and learning through mother tongue/local/regional languages in the early years.
- Integration of vocational education, sports, arts, knowledge of India, 21st-century skills, values of citizenship, awareness of environment conservation, etc. in the curriculum at all stages.
- Introduction of Experiential learning at all stages and adoption of innovative pedagogies by teachers in classroom transaction.
- Integration of technology in educational planning and governance and availability of ICT and quality e-content in classrooms.
For Current Affairs on Governance: Click Here