The Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST) is implementing the SATYAM Programme i.e. Science and Technology of Yoga and Meditation to explore the effect of yoga and meditation as add on therapy to fight COVID-19.
- The MoST is implementing SATYAM Programme since the year 2015-16 to promote scientific research in the field of yoga and meditation in order to understand its role in human wellbeing.
- Its main objective is encouraging scientists, clinicians and experienced practitioners of yoga and meditation, with a proven track record, to submit concept notes.
- Investigations on the effect of Yoga and Meditation on physical and mental health and well being.
- Investigations on the effect of Yoga and Meditation on the body, brain, and mind in terms of basic processes and mechanisms.
- It shall focus on three dimensions of COVID related illness:
- Mental Stress
- Immune system
Social Justice Current Affairs : Click here