- MWCD (Ministry of Women and Child Development) implements SwadharGreh Scheme which targets the women victims of unfortunate circumstances who are in need of institutional support for rehabilitation so that they could lead their life with dignity.
- The Scheme envisages providing shelter, food, clothing and health as well as economic and social security for the women victims of difficult circumstances which includes widows, destitute women and aged women.
- The Scheme is being implemented for Prevention of trafficking and for Rescue, Rehabilitation, Re-integration and Repatriation of victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Scheme
- The Ministry is administering ‘Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Scheme’ to provide skills that give employability to women and to provide competencies and skill that enable women to become self-employed/entrepreneurs.
- The Scheme is intended to benefit women who are in the age group of 16 years and above across the country.
National Nutrition Mission (NNM)
- It aims to achieve improvement in nutritional status of Children, pregnant women and lactating mothers and reduce anaemia among children and women.
- It strives to reduce the level of stunting, under-nutrition, anaemia and low birth weight babies.
- It will create synergy, ensure better monitoring, issue alerts for timely action, and encourage States/UTs to perform, guide and supervise the line Ministries and the States/ UTs to achieve the targeted goals.
Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG)
- The scheme aims at empowering out of school adolescent girls of 11 to 14 years by improving their nutritional and health status, upgrading their skills.
- The scheme is being implemented using the platform of Integrated Child Development Services Scheme.
Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)
- Launched in 1975.
- Provides food, education, and primary healthcare via Anganwadi Centres to children under 6 years of age and their mothers.
- Six services provided under ICDS which are-
(1) Supplementary nutrition (SNP) (2) Immunization (3) Health check-up (4) Referral services (5) Pre-school non-formal education (6) Nutrition & health education are provided.
One Stop Centre (OSC)
- The scheme is being implemented to support women affected by violence.
- It is effective from 1st April 2015.
- It aims to facilitate access to an integrated range of services including medical aid, police assistance, legal aid/case management, psychosocial counselling and temporary support services.
Universalisation of Women Helpline
- The Ministry also implements the scheme of Universalisation of Women Helpline through States/UTs Government since 2015 to provide 24-hour emergency and non-emergency response to women affected by violence.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP)-
- Launched by the PM in 2015 at Panipat, Haryana.
- Objective- Improve Child Sex Ratio, Protection and education of girl child.
- Three ministries are involved which are -Ministries of Women and Child Development, Health & Family Welfare and Human Resource Development.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
- Maternity Benefit Programme has been contributing towards better enabling environment by providing cash incentives for improved health and nutrition to pregnant and nursing mothers.
Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme
- Promote community participation through involvement of Student Volunteers for empowerment of rural women.
National Creche Scheme
- To provide day care facilities to children of age group of 6 months to 6 years of working women who are employed.
Rastriya Mahila Kosh (RMK)
- Provide micro-credit to poor women for various livelihood support and income generating activities at concessional terms in a client-friendly procedure to bring about their socio-economic development.
Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahayog Yojana
- Provide financial aid of Rs 6,000 to pregnant women who undergo institutional delivery for hospital admission.
- Across 650 districts of the country.
- The scheme provided cash transfer to pregnant women above the age of 18 years for up to two live births.
- Also known as Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls.
- Launched in 2010.
- Development of adolescent girls of 11-18 years by making them ‘self-reliant’.
- Focus areas- Nutrition, Skill development and Health.
- Initially the project has been implemented in 17 districts in Jharkhand.
- Tejaswini Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project.
- Project is financed by World Bank.
- It aims to create a sustainable model for providing adolescent girls and women an access to affordable sanitary products by leveraging common services centres (CSCs).
- It is a unique direct online digital marketing platform for women entrepreneurs/ SHGs/ NGOs.