Recently, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is launching SHRESHTA-Scheme for Residential Education for SC Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas. The scheme is being rolled out from the academic year 2022-23.
About SHRESHTA Scheme
- The SHRESHTA scheme provides scholarships that cover almost all of the educational expenses of meritorious students of Classes 9 and 11 from Scheduled Caste communities.
- Students are enrolled for the scheme through the entrance examination known as NETS.
- The National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) is a national level test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in computer-based (CBT) mode. Candidates who qualify the SHRESHTA entrance exam are shortlisted for admission to CBSE affiliated schools.
- The scheme involves disbursement of scholarships directly to the schools giving admission to the shortlisted students, the CBSE said in a notification.
- The CBSE further informed that the scholarship covers school fee (including Tuition Fee etc.) and Hostel Fee (including Mess Charges etc.).
The scheme is applicable only residential schools (independent) affiliated with the CBSE up to Class 12 Schools must be in operation for 5 years or more with 75 % pass percentage or more in Class 10 and 12 in the last 3 years.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join