- As many as 6 monuments/historical sites in the North Eastern states have been identified tentatively for listing under World Heritage Site.
Monuments/sites identified/placed under tentative list for listing under world heritage in the north eastern states are:
- Apatani Cultural Landscape, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Iconic Saree Weaving Clusters of India.
- Moidams – the Mound – Burial System of the Ahom Dynasty, Assam.
- Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh.
- River Island of Majuli in midstream of Brahmaputra River in Assam.
- Thembang Fortified Village, Arunachal Pradesh.