- Rajasthan has become the first state to incorporate skill development programme in the higher education.
- The programme was launched by the state’s Higher Education Minister Kiran Maheshwari and Vice Chancellor of IGNOU Prof Ravindra Kumar on 10 October 2017 in Jaipur.
- The state’s Department of College Education in collaboration with IGNOU has prepared 16 courses for entrepreneurship and skill development for colleges in the state.
- Under the project, 12 certificates and 4 diploma courses will be run and each college will be required to choose five courses.
- 94 colleges have already joined the project and 5656 students have registered themselves in it.
- The practical training of the students pursuing the skill development courses will be done in different government departments.
- The aim is for more than 10 thousand students to be enrolled in the programmes in the next session.