- The Solar Charkha Mission of the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), was launched by the President on June 27, 2018 in New Delhi.
Details of the Mission:
- The Mission will cover 50 clusters and every cluster will employ 400 to 2000 artisans.
- The scheme also aims at linking five crore women across the country to the initiative.
- The Mission will disburse subsidy of Rs. 550 crores to the artisans.
- Fifteen new state-of-the-art technology centres are being set up all over the country including North-East, of which 10 centres will become operational by March 2019.
The work being done by the Ministry has promoted Ease-of-Doing-Business with the setting up of 4 portals:
(a) MSME Sambandh
(b) MSME Samadhaan
(c) Udyog Aadhaar and
(d) Udyam Sakhi