- The first Children Court of South India was launched at the Nampally Criminal Courts Complex in Hyderabad, Telangana to fast disposal of cases related to children.
- With this, Telangana has become the third state to have a child friendly court after Goa and Delhi. This court is the 6th child-friendly court in the country.
• The Nampally children court project was facilitated by NGO Justice and Care in collaboration with the state government and the judiciary.
• It has features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for accused, mandated under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act, 2012.
• It has waiting area, which provides a child-friendly environment, complete with toys, bean bags and colourful furniture.