- The Hubble Space Telescope’s latest finding shows that the universe may be expanding at a faster rate than it was believed.
- This discrepancy may portend new physics, scientists believe and various models are being floated to explain this.
- One possibility that can explain this could be that dark energy may be shoving the universe apart with a greater strength than earlier.
- Another idea is that dark radiation including particles travelling at speeds close to light, as yet undiscovered, such as ‘sterile neutrino’ could be driving this force.
- Yet another idea is that dark matter interacts more strongly with normal matter than was believed to be.