Skip to content
- The Stand-Up India Scheme was launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 5th April, 2016.
- The scheme envisages extending bank loans between Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 1 crore for Greenfield Enterprises set-up by SC, ST and Women entrepreneurs and extending effective handholding support to them.
- Each bank branch is to extend loans to at least one SC/ST and one woman entrepreneur. Enterprises covered under the scheme may be in manufacturing, services or the trading sector.
- The Scheme shall be implemented through 1.25 lakh bank branches of all Scheduled Commercial Banks.
- The loan shall be a composite loan to meet the requirement of fixed assets and working capital with rate of interest being the lowest applicable rate of the bank for that category as per rating.
- Provision of convergence with State/ Central Government Schemes has been identified in the Scheme.
- Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Stand-Up India (CGFSI) is operational with a corpus fund of Rs.5,000 crore. A dedicated portal (www.standupmitra.in) for the Stand-Up India Scheme is active.
- The portal as a virtual market place endeavors to provide ‘End to End’ solutions not only for credit delivery but also for a host of handholding services.
error: Content is Protected !!