- India has inked Financing Agreement with World Bank for International Development Association (IDA) Credit of US $125 million (equivalent) for Skills Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement Operation (STRIVE) Project.
- The objective of project is to improve access to quality and market-driven vocational training and apprenticeships.
- The closing date for the project is 30th November, 2022.
- The STRIVE Project will focus to improve on quality and the market relevance of vocational training provided in ITIs and also strengthen the apprenticeship programme through industry-cluster approach.
The project include:
- Improved Teaching and Learning
- Improved and Broadened Apprenticeship Training.
- Improved Performance of Industrial Training Institutes.
- Increased Capacities of State Governments to Support Industrial Training Institutes and Apprenticeship Training.