Recently, NITI Aayog has launched Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan.
About Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan
- It is joint initiative of NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation.
- It is launched in 112 Aspirational Districts to assist district administrations in providing home-care support to Covid-19 patients.
- It is being part of a special initiative called Aspirational Districts Collaborative.
- Under the Aspirational Districts Collaborative, local leaders, civil societies and volunteers work with district administrations to address emerging problemsacross key focus areas of the Aspirational Districts Programme.
- It will be led by district magistrates in partnership with over 1000 local NGOs.
- It will enlist and train over 1 lakh volunteers to connect with patients through inbound/outbound calls.
- The volunteers will be trained to support 20 affected families each by educating caretakers to follow Covid protocols, provide psycho-social support and timely updates about patients to the administration.
Significance of Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaan
- It is a significant initiative that responds to immediate needs.
- It will provide long-term support to India’s poorest communities in the Aspirational Districts by addressing the lasting impact of Covid-19.
- It is expected to play a key role in district preparedness for managing nearly 70% of Covid cases at home, reducing pressure on the health system, and stemming the spread of fear amongst the people.
- It will undertake capacity building of citizens for correct usage of Oxygen concentrators that have been supplied to these districts.
- It will mobilize local volunteers to provide home-care support to those affected, based on the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Social Justice Current Affairs for UPSC : Click Here