- The Swachh Survekshan awards 2019 were recently conferred by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Swachh Survekshan 2019 covered all urban local bodies in the country, making it the largest such cleanliness survey in the world.
Performance of various countries:
- Indore was adjudged India’s cleanest city for the third straight year. The second and third positions in the category were grabbed by Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh and Mysuru in Karnataka.
- Bhopal is country’s Swachh capital.
- New Delhi Municipal Council area was given the ‘Cleanest Small City’ award.
- Uttarakhand’s Gauchar was adjudged the ‘Best Ganga Town’.
- The ‘Cleanest Big City’ award has been bagged by Ahmedabad, while Raipur is the ‘Fastest Moving Big City’.
- Ujjain has been the adjudged the ‘Cleanest Medium City’ and Mathura-Vrindavan bagged the tag of the ‘Fastest Moving Medium Cities’.