Recently, the Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment has launched TAPAS Portal.
TAPAS stands for Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services.
About TAPAS Portal
- TAPAS is the initiative of National Institute of Social Defence (NISD).
- TAPAS is a standard MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) platform with course material such as filmed lectures and e-study material.
- It also includes discussion forums to support and encourage interactions among students and course coordinators.
- The five basic courses are on Drug (Substance) Abuse Prevention, Geriatric/Elderly Care, Care and Management of Dementia, Transgender Issues and on comprehensive course on Social Defence Issues.
- The TAPAS portal is developed by the National Institute of Social Defence, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The idea of TAPAS was conceptualized at a time when exploring the online medium for work and education had become imperative due to the outbreak of Covid 19 pandemic.
Objectives of TAPAS Portal
- Its primary objective is to impart training and enhance the knowledge and skills for the capacity building of the participants.
It seeks to provide access to lectures by subject experts, study material and more, but in a manner that it supplements the physical classroom without compromising on the quality of teaching.
Government Portals : Click here