- The Air-to-Air refueling capability for Tejas is a force multiplier for the Indian Air Force, giving the aircraft the potential to stay airborne for much longer periods of time
- The HAL Tejas is an Indian single-seat, single-jet engine, multirole light fighter.
- Designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.
- In 2003, the Light Combat Aircraft(LCA) was officially named “Tejas”.
- It provides high maneuverability.
- It is the smallest and lightest in its class of contemporary supersonic combat aircraft.