The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Science has initiated Tribal Health Care Research Programme (THCRP) in 14 States through 15 Institutes under it.
The aim & objectives of THCRP are as under: –
- To Study the living conditions of tribal people
- To Collect information related to health statistics
- To study dietetic habits, nature and frequency of prevalent diseases, use of common medicinal plants in the area
- To provide medical aid at the door steps of tribals.
- To propagate knowledge about Ayurvedic concept of Pathyapathya including hygiene habits, dietary practice.
- To prevent diseases by adopting healthy way of living & clean environment (Swachhata)
- To collect LHTs/folk medicines/ traditional practices prevalent in the area.