- Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr Subhash Bhamre dedicated to the nation two crucial bridges in Eastern Arunachal Pradesh.
- The bridges have been built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
- They will provide round the year connectivity to the strategic Dibang valley bordering China
- A 140 metre long bridge on Roing-Koronu-Paya road, which is a part of Trans Arunachal Highway. The completion of the Injupani Bridge would provide an uninterrupted access between Roing & Tezu, both important district HQs in Arunachal Pradesh.
- 300 metre long pre-stressed concrete balanced cantilever bridge over the Eze river at Roing in Arunachal Pradesh.
Border Roads Organisation:
- It works under Ministry of Defence, the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is one of the premier road construction agencies of the country.
- It develops and maintains road networks in India’s border areas and friendly neighbouring countries.
- It is staffed by officers and troops drawn from the Indian Army’s Corps of Engineers, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Army Service Corps, Military Police and army personnel on extra regimental employment.
- Officers from the Border Roads Engineering Service and personnel from the General Reserve Engineer Force (GREF) form the parent cadre of the Border Roads Organisation.
- Currently, the organisation maintains operations in twenty-one states, one UT (Andaman and Nicobar Islands), and neighbouring countries such as Afghanistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka.
- The BRO operates and maintains over 32,885 kilometres of roads and about 12,200 meters of permanent bridges in the country.
Source:PIB & Wiki