- The central government has launched UMANG (Unified Mobile App for New-age Governance) to provide easy access to all the government services.
- This app was launched by PM at the fifth edition of the Global Conference on Cyberspace in New Delhi. Currently, on the application has over 100 services offered by the central and state government.
- This Umang app is developed by the Ministry of Electronics Information Technology (MeitY) with the cooperation of National e-Governance Division (NeGD).
- As per the notification, Umang App will provide the one-stop solution to easily access to all the government services.
- By using the app, the citizen can access every service from paying postpaid bills to booking a new gas cylinder.
Uses / Services of Umang App
Following services / facilities are being provided on the Umang app. The user can access the Umang app in 12 regional languages with the English which is being default one.
1. PMKVY Service: Here the user can apply for PMKVY and can also check the application status.
2. Soil Health Card Service: SHC will help to collect the information for the agriculture which will be more helpful for the farmers to improve the yield of production.
3. PMAY Service: Here the user can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
4. Crop Insurance Service: The farmer will get information for their crops regarding the natural disasters, hail, drought, and floods, etc.
5. ORS: Online Registration System (ORS) service providers to connect with various hospitals across the country.
6. MoHUPA Service: The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation will also provide useful information related urban poverty, housing, and employment programs.
7. AICTE Service: Here user can also search AICTE approved institutes and courses.
8. NCERT Service: Here users can watch the class-wise and subject-wise content provided.
Source: Sarkari Yojana