- A UN report on the Asia-Pacific region has urged the regional powers to invest in inclusive and sustainable growth.
More highlights of the report:
- The UN Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2018, the annual report from the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific was launched and urged countries to take advantage of high growth rate and share the benefits with the national society.
- Governments of countries in the Asia-Pacific region are advised to take advantage of the currently favourable economic conditions in order to address vulnerabilities and enhance the resilience, inclusiveness and sustainability of their economies.
- The report was launched at the Indian Council for Research in International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
- The report described South and Southwest Asia as the fastest growing sub region of the Asia-Pacific region and urged the countries to increase social spending.
- “For less developed countries, the role of external sources of finance, such as official development assistance, and global development partnerships… remains critical.