- The Centre for United Nations Peacekeeping (CUNPK) is conducting jointly with the US, the second edition of United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP-02) in New Delhi.
- The course is aimed to build and enhance the capacity of the African Troop Contributing Countries to the UN and to further train the trainers from these countries.
- The course, which revolves around the concept of training the trainers, as stated by the UN, is one of the many steps that India has initiated towards active contribution to peace support activities.
- Course is being attended by officers from 19 countries including India.
- The students include officers who are currently employed in their respective peacekeeping training centres in African peacekeeping training institutions.
- The training incorporates topics on operational and logistical matters, humanitarian issues, thematic topics, Blackboard and table Top exercises and mission briefs.
- The course is also targeted to assist the student officers to further train officers in their respective countries on the nuances of peacekeeping.
- Internationally the course is already being seen as a milestone in many ways.