- In a bid to boost science and technology learning among students, the government will hold a nationwide science talent search examination through a mobile application.
- State minister Alphons Joseph Kannanthanam launched the mobile app Vidhyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM).
- The app will be used for National Science Talent Search examination to be held on November 26.
- The VVM app will be available on Android and Apple’s iOS platform. Students appearing for the examination will have to register on the mobile app and will need to visit the authorised centre to take the test.
- The app will disconnect and free other applications of mobile or laptop once the examination starts.
- The examination will be conducted in two sections – junior classes which are class 6-8 and senior classes comprising students from class 9-12.
- The syllabus for the test is available online. Every student will be assessed based on class-based performance.
- Winners will get recognition, a cash prize and government-sponsored trip to science labs in the country and even abroad.