- In a unique initiative to give a boost to the learning of science, technology and mathematics among the youth-especially the school students, Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) – a nationwide science talent search examination will be held on 26th November.
- This programme has been organized by eminent scientists and academicians associated with Vigyan Prasar (VP) – an autonomous organisation under Department of Science and Technology and National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) of Ministry of Human Resources and Development and Vijnana Bharati.
- “The Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan will provide a platform to the India’s generation next to imbibe the values of science and technology for a better future. We want the students of this generation to use digital technology, learn science, learn more about India, and learn about the famous people who made science popular. I appeal our young talents to be think, understand and be analytical to ensure a holistic development of our future generation.”
- The syllabus for VVM to assess the students in phase-I are; 1) Science and Mathematics’ (40%) of NCERT syllabus of respective classes, 2) Indian Contribution to Science (20%) (Specially designed reading material) Published by VIBHA, 3) Biography of Dr. Vikram Sarabhai and Dr. Homi Jahangir Bhabha (20%), it is the motivational glimpses of the Indian Scientist of the Year (Specially designed reading material) and 4) General knowledge, Logic and Reasoning (20%).
- The VVM study material is made available to all students on the website from 01 October 2017.
- The examination will be conducted for two sections, junior classes (VI-VIII) and senior classes (IX-XI).
- Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) is one of the largest science movement in the country led by eminent scientists and to inculcate and generate scientific temper, foster excellence in students and nurture and mentor them for their careers in pure sciences.
- Through VVM programme, India’s generation next will be made aware about the India’s Rich Contribution to Science from ancient period to modern times.
- Registered students will undergo multilevel testing. Successful students will get a chance to undertake study tours and interactions with renowned scientists of our country as well as abroad.