- Recently, the Union Home Minister launched the Tree Plantation Campaign “Vriksharopan Abhiyan” of the Ministry of Coal in the presence of Union Minister of Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs.
About the Abhiyan
- In order to conserve and preserve environment, 6 lakh seedlings are being planted across 600 acres in 38 districts of 10 States at the official launch of Vriksharopan Abhiyan.
- Several eco-parks and tourism sites have been developed by PSUs under Coal Ministry keeping in mind the requirements and well-being of people of those
- Coal India Limited has set an ambitious target for attaining 1 BT coal production in 2023-24, which will be key in reducing the demand-supply gap.
- Commercial coal mining is going to be an important step towards Aatma Nirbhar Bharat, which aims to make India self-reliant and globally competitive as well.
- Two Eco-parksinaugurated have been developed in Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu. The Eco-Park in Jharkhand named Parasnath Udhyan.
- Three Eco-Parksfor which foundation stone was laid are Eco-Park in Uttar Pradesh.
- Lilari Eco-Park in Odisha.
- Foundation stone was also laid for a Sal Plantation Project in Odisha.