- FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions.
- FASTags have a validity of 5 years. They just have to be recharged as and when the requirement arises. They facilitate quick checkout of the vehicles from the toll lanes.
- National Highway Authority of India operates FASTags on Electronic Toll Collection System.
- Two revolutionary initiatives have been taken up after consulting with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in order to make available, FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection.
- The FASTags are being sold at Common Service Centres (CSCs)- service points and are also up for online sale. Currently, FASTags are operational in NH-8, Mumbai – Delhi highway.