Union Finance Minister announced a new scheme, PM-DevINE i.e. Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North East that will be implemented through the North-Eastern Council.
- It will fund infrastructure, in the spirit of PM GatiShakti, and social development projects based on felt needs of the northeast.
- This will enable livelihood activities for youth and women, filling the gaps in various sectors.
- While the Central Ministries may also pose their candidate projects, priority will be given to those posed by the States.
Some of the projects to be implemented are:
- Dedicated Services for the Management of Paediatric and Adult Haemotolymphoid Cancers in North East India, Guwahati
- Construction of Aizawl bypass on western side, gap funding for passenger ropeway system for Pelling to Sanga-Choeling in West Sikkim
- Gap funding for eco-friendly Ropeway (Cable Car) from Dhapper to Bhaleydhunga in South Sikkim
- Pilot project for the construction of Bamboo Link Road at different locations in various districts in Mizoram.
Visit Abhiyan PEDIA (One of the Most Followed / Recommended) for UPSC Revisions: Click Here
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram: Click on the Below link to Join our Channels to stay Updated
IAS Abhiyan Official: Click Here to Join
For UPSC Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join