R2 Code of Practices (COP)
- R2 Certification the issue of e-waste and safe disposal is attracting increasing attention globally. Across countries, many of the end-consumers have minimal knowledge of methods of disposing of electronic waste which majorly include old IT equipment like circuit boards, cathode ray tubes, batteries, computer monitors and terminals, old mobile phones, stereos, televisions, DVD players, etc.
What is R2 Code of Practices?
- The world is slowly recognizing the criticality and its responsibility for saving and sustaining the environment. At the corporate level, CSR or corporate social responsibility is gaining importance and at the individual level too, consumers today are getting conscious about their role in recycling and protecting the environment from further degradation.
- Sustainable Electronics Recycling International (SERI) which is a non-profit organization is actively involved in responsible recycling and reuse of electronic products. SERI has set up R2 Standard and released the first version of the R2 (Responsible Recycling Practices Standard) in 2008, the electronics recycling industry’s leading certification. The latest revised edition of the international standard is R2: 2013 which has been developed in accordance with the Essential Requirements for Due Process of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Solving the world’s electronics sustainability problem is going to take committed individuals, businesses, policymakers, and institutions all working together.
- SERI’s role is to bring all those disparate parts together to bring about real change.
- SERI is the only multi-stakeholder, collaborative nonprofit organization in the world focused exclusively on minimizing the environmental and health risks posed by used and end-of-life electronics, while also maximizing the social and economic value presented by this equipment.
IAS Abhiyan is now on Telegram:
- Abhiyan Official Telegram Channel: Click Here to Join
- For Mains Value Edition (Facts, Quotes, Best Practices, Case Studies): Click Here to Join
Abhiyan Pedia: Back to Basics: Click Here