NITI Aayog, the premier think tank of the country will launch its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) on 8th March tomorrow, on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) would provide a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem where women do not face any gender-based barriers.
- The platform aspires to substantially increase the number of women entrepreneurs who will create and empower a dynamic New India.
- WEP will provide opportunities to women to realize their entrepreneurial aspirations, scale-up innovative initiatives and chalk-out sustainable, long-term strategies for their businesses.
The WEP shall aim to,
1.Promote women entrepreneurship by collaborating with various partner organisations
2. Provide industry linkages & partner support to women entrepreneurs Increase the visibility of existing schemes, programmes & services across government and private sectors
3. Identify and address issues and bottlenecks through appropriate channels
4. Develop a national database through a centralised portal for registration of women entrepreneurs
5.Provide evidence-based policy recommendations to develop a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem