- Women’s rights group Pennuroma, which has been pushing for women to be allowed to scale the Agasthyarkoodam peak, may have to wait another year before their demands are addressed.
- The Agasthyarkoodam peak lies within the Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Agasthyarkoodam is a part of Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve, and women are allowed access till Athirumala, which is the base station of Agasthyamala.
- People are allowed to trek for a month every year, with the number of trekkers allowed per day restricted to 100.
- Part of the Western Ghats, Agasthyarkoodam is the second-highest peak in Kerala.
- Some people climb the mountain as a pilgrimage. While no formal ban exists, the tribal community living in the region opposes the entry of women in the name of tradition.